Apart from all the prospects of growing as a successful business house, JVL is also conscious about its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) towards the society. JVL promoted Not for Profit Orgranisation – Saurashtra Medical and Educational Charitable Trust in 1978 (popularly known as Project 'Life').
Project 'LIFE' through its various activities for health, education, environment, women empowerment, tribal housing and others, has been able to touch millions of lives and bring solace to the suffering humanity.
Project 'Life' works with a vision to support, sustain and enrich the lives of the people and in particular the under-privileged. It strives to achieve the core issues concerning health and development of women and children and reaching the unreached through various humanitarian activities.
Project 'Life' is a 36 year young NGO operates from Rajkot city of Gujarat State. It is one of the oldest and reputed NGOs from Rajkot city of Gujarat State. The areas of intervention include Health, Education, Environment and Women Empowerment. The hard efforts during the past 36 years have yielded results. Project ‘Life’ is pleased to share the progress made by them so far in different areas :
- Supplied 5,19,250 units of Blood components through Rajkot Voluntary Blood Bank & Research Center.
- Screened 6,24,561 persons for Thalassemia (Trait) and reached over 14,14,484 people through the Thalassemia awareness drive
- A total of 5,88,818 persons have benefited through Yoga Shibirs and through Universal Healing Programme.
- Plantation of 2,43,999 plants above 6 feet distributed for replantation.
- Constructed 57 Primary Schools in rural Saurashtra and dedicated to community children.
- Women Empowerment
- A total of 4,536 widows and below poverty line women have been trained in various trades and have been supported either to start their own micro enterprises or to gain employment to live with dignity and exercise greater decision making power within the household.
Project 'Life' has been identified by the Government of Gujarat as one of the six Non Resident Gujarat (NRG) Centre for Saurashtra and Kutch region to facilitate connectivity of the NRGs/NRIs with their native.
For further information, please find the web links below and also visit our website www.999life.org.
Here are links for Project ‘Life’ brochure and video presentations for your reference:
- Project Life Brochure:
- Project Life-Video Presentations :
- Primary School Infrastructure Development Programme (PSIDP):
Project ‘Life’ heartily invite you to visit the temple of humanitarian services at Project Life, Race Course Ring Road, RAJKOT (360001), Gujarat, India. Your visit will encourage and boost our spirits.
Project Life, Race Course Ring Road, RAJKOT 360001 Gujarat India.
Web :www.999life.org Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Board # +91 281 247 9133 Office Fax # +91 281 247 9122